The best grain free banana bread
There is nothing worse than letting your organic produce spoil before getting a chance to eat it! Fear not though, if your bananas are looking less than appetizing then they are PERFECT for this recipe! AND this healthy twist on banana bread is grain free and lower in fat than many other paleo recipes! It’s super moist and only takes about 15 minutes to prep and 60 minutes to bake. By replacing your unbleached white flour with coconut and almond flours you have a delicious paleo-friendly gluten-free treat.
2 ripe mashed bananas
2 and ½ tbsp raw local honey
2 tsp organic vanilla
3 and ½ tbsp melted grass fed butter or coconut oil
¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup almond flour
¾ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a small loaf tin with coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, melted butter/coconut oil, applesauce and eggs to kitchen aid or combine in bowl and blend well.
- Slowly mix in coconut flour, almond flour and baking soda and allow to sit for 2 minutes. The mix will be runny at first, but should turn into a thick cake batter consistency. If it’s still thin add 1 tsp coconut flour at a time to thicken.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes (cooking will depend on pan size) or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- If edges are browning too quickly and isn’t cooked in the middle cover with foil and continue baking until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
This banana bread keeps best in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
⅛ of loaf
OPEX OSS Coach
Looking for a PROFESSIONAL coach to lead you on your journey through fitness? Book your FREE initial consultation using the link below.