What is Individual Design (ID)?
Individual: a single human being as distinct from a group, class, or family.
Design: purpose, planning, or intention that exists or is thought to exist behind an action, fact, or material object.
ID is programming that is built for a specific person who has specific goals. Here at OPEX OSS (OPEX Columbia & OPEX Leander), we take this a step further. We not only design a specific training program for each individual but we also provide lifestyle, nutrition, and mentality coaching to get people to their specific goals.
Is ID better than training on my own, group training or templated programs?
If someone has a specific goal (which we all should), the answer is YES. Lets lay out how the ID process works.
- An Assessment
- How does this person move (this is very important for exercise selection). This is why our clients go through a comprehensive assessment before being prescribed their individual program.
- What are your goals?
- What are your priorities and values?
- What does a typical day look like for you and what changes can we make to get you closer to hitting your goals?
- Body Composition Assessment. Whether this is caliper testing, tape measurements, etc. This is important data to see where you are now. We use the In-Body 570 to start with data such as Muscle Mass, Body Fat %, Visceral Fat, Basal Metabolic Rate.
- Work capacity testing based on your goals.
- A Training Program
- Specific to your goals and assessment. Is your main goal to lose 20lbs or to drop 10% bodyfat? Your program will probably include a proper weight training progression and easy aerobic work. You will probably not need anaerobic work that leaves you on the floor (stress=high cortisol=high probability of bodyfat GAIN). You will probably not need to snatch and clean & jerk (to specifically lose weight or bf%).
- Is your goal to be a competitive athlete in the sport of CrossFit? We will take you through a movement screen and a comprehensive assessment where we will collect data such as rep maxes, gymnastic testing, energy system testing and sport-specific testing to paint a clear picture for you as to where you are and create a periodized training protocol to close the gap.
- Monthly one-to-one Consultations
- Check-ins with your coach to see where you are in your training program
- Body composition check-in
- Lifestyle and nutrition check-in and upgrades
- Life coaching
We believe in fitness. We believe that ID is the best method of training when the end-game is to reach specific goals, longevity, and fulfillment. We believe that fitness goes beyond what happens during training sessions, it bleeds into and can upgrade all aspects of our lives.
Book a free consultation to get set-up with your professional coach today by clicking our nearest facility!